Training O&M employees
Even though highly advanced automation of O&M technology has become common, human resources for O&M are still important to attain efficient management for power plants. KOSPO has managed its own training center to foster experts and technicians in O&M, not only KOSPO staffs but O&M engineers from all over the world for more than 10 years. KOSPO has well-qualified instructors, simulators specialized in both coal-fired power plants and combined-cycle power plants, and other educational institutes in a training center of Shin-Incheon site. Talented engineers and technicians of NT1 are expected to develop their skills and gain experiences through KOSPO’s training system.
KOSPO has conducted construction management, commissioning, operation and maintenance of lots of power plants. Based on those experiences, KOSPO organized a team of experts to examine plant performance, provide trouble shooting service and support optimization of plant system. The expert team has also done their jobs in overseas countries and built up various experiences in those fields. The specific scope of technical advisory service will be as follows:
- Technical support and fulfillment for design, purchasing, installation, shop test, field test, commissioning, acceptance test, performance test, operation, maintenance (routine and scheduled), etc.
- Planning of training program appropriate for employees who are responsible for O&M
- Support for O&M planning and improvement of plant performance
- Investigating for technical problems in O&M and providing solutions
- Operation simulator (500MW coal / GE, Siemens, MHI CCGT)
- Education in connection with Korea Power Learning Institute(KPLI)
- Korea Power Exchange(KPX)
- Major trainings
- Technical Training Service for Vietnam, Ghana Electricity Staffs (120 persons)
- Power System Optimization training course
- 110 kV Network Safety training course
- O&M Training Service for Libyan Ministry of Electricity (in Jordan)